Indesign, LLC, Provides Engineering Design Services for the Development of Publisher Macmillan's New Ventures i>clicker2 Classroom Response System
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - August 1, 2011 - Indesign, LLC, a nationally recognized engineering design firm specializing in electronic product development, supplied electrical, mechanical and embedded software engineering design services to Macmillan New Ventures for the development of its 2nd Generation market leading i>clicker classroom response system - the i>clicker2. i>clicker2 is an enhanced version of Macmillan's market leading student response system remote and will be available for fall 2011 classes.
New i>clicker2 features include:
- Full numeric and alphanumeric functionality in addition to the trademark i>clicker simple multiple-choice experience, i>clicker2 includes additional entry types like: True/False, Yes/No, text entry, fill in the blank, ranking, short answer of up to 15 characters, and multiple correct responses.
- An LCD screen with vote confirmation that indicates student response, vote confirmation, battery life, remote ID, question mode and operating frequency.
- A battery indicator, a simpler battery compartment, and fewer batteries.
- A lanyard clip for easier transport.
- An enhanced instructor remote with a laser pointer. A new receiver design that retains the unique i>clicker LCD screen that displays student responses by vote count and percentages, but it is now tilted to allow easier viewing in lecture halls.
Indesign, dedicated to the continued success of its clients, offers state of the art design and development through innovative concepts and design of comprehensive engineering design services for electronic products and systems. These services include mechanical design, electrical circuit design, RF design, software/firmware design, testing/validation services, project management and a host of other services dedicated to the development of electronic products and solutions.
i>clicker was built by educators for educators with the goal of keeping students focused on content, not technology. i>clicker is one of the most widely used classroom response systems in higher education, adopted at more than 900 educational institutions in North America and Canada and used by more than 2 million students. i>clicker has a growing number of customers in K-12 and also serves customers in corporate environments. Invented in 2003 by four University of Illinois professors, i>clicker's classroom response system continues to be recognized for its superior reliability, intuitive software, and focus on formative assessment and pedagogy. Together with a team of faculty advisors and reviewers, inventors Tim Stelzer and Mats Selen continue to play lead roles in product development. i>clicker2 is a product of Macmillan New Ventures, a division of Macmillan. For more information, visit www.iclicker.com.
Audrey Mann Cronin
Mann Cronin PR
(914) 861-2009 (o)
(914) 260-9651 (m)
About Indesign, LLC:
Indesign is an engineering design services firm with a proven track record of helping companies develop new electronic devices. Engineering disciplines consist of electrical/circuit design, RF/wireless design, software/firmware design, mechanical design, human factors design, and testing/validation with a strong emphasis on products utilizing embedded microprocessors and DSPs.
To learn more about the history and accomplishments of Indesign, visit their website at www.indesign-llc.com.